Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gaming Stuff

(Character related post. This has to do with crawford and gives some insight into his feelings about what is currently transpiring in our story.)

Jacob Halloway - Heres a guy that is trying to be a leader. Yeah, thats the key word. Trying. You cant try to lead, you either do it or you dont. People follow you, or they dont. Thats pretty much how it works. Dont get me wrong, Halloway has some good ideas, and his mind works in a way that the rest of the coterie cant really understand. Whatever he is doing, though, he's definitely looking up. He doesnt want to be Gabrielles lap dog for an eternity, no, this guys got plans, either that, or he's working on them. From what i can tell from interactions with other Carthians, they dont really seem to like him much, or put much faith in his abilities. Really, i just dont think they trust him. To many lords leading the invictus, why would they want one running the Carthians. What do I think of him? So far he hasnt impressed me with any particular thing, but he seems to be working things out in his mind. I dont think his imortal mind has grasped just what he is yet, and what type of game he's playing. Once he figures that out, maybe he'll be a bit more active. As far as his abilities go, he has the legendary power of the lords. Yeah, the old mind fuck trick. Hasnt tried it on me yet, at least not that i know. Havent seen much more supernatural tricks from him, but i'm sure he hasnt played all of his cards yet. As far as mortal tricks go, he has that company of his. I had some of my boys look up some of his employees, but most of them are on the up and up, maybe a speeding ticket or two. Overall, i can work with Halloway. He's an arrogant prick that thinks the world of himself sure, but he's in the same shit the rest of us are in, and at least he's looking for a way out.

Cowboy - I dont like him. Dont get me wrong. I'm sure the guy knows how to sing cowboy songs and do line dances, but that doesnt really do a fucking thing for me. Far as i can tell he has a following, bunch of red necks probably, but at least its something of a shield for him. I think his fame is the only real pull he has, only problem is, he doesnt use it. The guy can throw a punch, and knows how to shoot a gun, but that doesnt really amount to a god damn thing if its not given a purpose. I'm sure he has some social skills, and knows how to work someone if he's put on the spot, but again, he doesnt use it. Nope, like most cowboys he lets his natural talents take backseat to his need for violence. I know he's trying to help, at least i think he is. But really, i think he'd be better at not helping me, and using his talents so i dont even have to get started. I dont like gutting people I dont have to. Murder is a messy business, and it sticks with you, and hell if i want to have to murder eveyone we cross paths with. He's the one person in our coterie that probably has the means to make our life easier, but like most of his clan, he wastes his talents. Maybe he'll come around, but i'm not gonna fucking baby sit him. If he wants to beat guys to a pulp and shoot bad guys in between his music deals, more power to him.

Lisa - Our little haunt. A good kid. Fucking naive, but a good kid. I think she's poking her nose into things she shouldnt. I also think she's making power plays, whether she knows it or not. She knows alot about Gabrielles closest followers, and seems to have a good ear for whats going on in the Carthian movement. The haunt has a better chance at taking this coterie over than Halloway does at the moment. Only problem is, I dont think the girl has the ability to make any noticable action. The kid loves talking down to the others too, especially me, about how we need to act with more restraint, think our way through things, and come up with better strategies. She doesnt think like the others do though. Gabrielle doesnt care about restraint, or about us, so long as we do our jobs, make her look good, and help the movement go forward. Vampires are monsters, and lisa wants to think she's still a mortal. I know better. Killing is something that we are going to have to do. Gabrielle is going to put us into situations where we can use our collective skills, and me, well I only got a few good skills. Sure i'm a great investigator, but i'm also good at handling unforseen problems in a very predictable and violent way. If lisa wants us to come up with better ways of doing things, then she needs to start speaking up. She's great at pointing out our mistakes after there made, but she never has an answer when we need one. Someone needs to start making decisions though. Maybe Gabrielle will give us one of her childer to help us out. As far the haunts abilities go, she's got the nack for being nosy, and thats good. I might coach her on it some if she'd stop babbling about me being a savage. She's got the haunts trick of staying hidden too, and she always masks herself. Never her got a direct look at her real face, and that says something about her. She hasnt accepted what she is. That statement alone speaks alot about her actions. I hear haunts are stronger than most, but I havent seen it from her. I also hear that haunts can stop someone in ther tracks with fear alone, and that, that she has. I've seen her use it, and she doesnt flaunt it, like she hates using it or something. But she's good at it. She could be a tough kid if she'd learn to grow up a bit more. Maybe she just needs something to push her forward.

Gabrielle - A good leader. Got a feeling she's not the nice girl everyone thinks she is. Someone I know trusted her with me, and so I'll do what it is she needs me to do. Never really got behind all the ideas of the Carthians, but I like what they can give to up and coming neonates. Better than the invictus. Regardless of what she wants, Gabrielle is pushing the movement forward at great risk to herself. I have a feeling every move she makes has the potential to end her existance. She's risking everything, so I dont mind. I wish she'd give us some more important jobs. My styles aren't exactly subtle, but i'm good at taking care of problems. I can also use my contacts to find out and hinder alot of potential road blocks as well. Unless I lose my job of course, might happen too if me and my beast cant come to some terms.

My beast - It's strong. It wants to hunt all the time. I've been trying to come to terms with it, but the beast isnt some animal that can be tamed. Its more like the devil i think. You can make bargains with it, but you wont really get what you want. I cant really say what my future holds. My clan is know to succumb to there beasts alot faster than most other clans, and some of our oldest members are said to be monsters, not even vampires, but something entirely different. All I can say is that i've got to find some balance, learn to unlock more of the potential in my blood, and focus on gabrielle's goals. Maybe i can really do something with my new and terrible powers to make up for all my wrongs. I doubt it, but fuck, that wont keep me from trying.

And thats my post, all in crawfords perspective of course! I'll have more soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post Phil. It's going to be interesting to see how Crawford deals with some of the shit that's about to blow up in NYC