Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inevitable Damnation

(A post regarding my current character Arik'thain.)

-Overheard in a tavern, whispered words from one patron to Arik'thain.-
"Over the past few months I have created in my minds eye the presence of another self. This other self is not an extension of my will nor a reflection of my dark or light wishes. This other self is simply a balcony from which i can perceive all the current happenings around me, and use this higher vantage point to better gain an understanding of what is at stake. Make no mistake about it. What will become of the future is not something that all will agree with. No matter the angle, no matter the situation, events will unfold that will cause misery to others. Death will play a large part of any future that can be foretold, and innocents will be sacrificed alongside tyrants in an effort to pave the way for true success. I can see allies falling to ruin, and those of ill purpose rising up to aid those of virtue. I myself have my own part to play, and I will perform my function to the best of my ability. Be warned now, so that your movements will not entangle themselves in mine."

-A local talks of a conversation he overheard regarding Arik'thain-
"Gnomes are master illusionists that everyone knows about. Interesting. My dislike for the Hill Rats stems from there interference with our current politics. They ride the Coat-tails of there dwarven cousins, and make demands from borrowed spaces in dwarven strongholds. I see no future for these small folk unless they can make good on there own promises. I should note that all gnomes are admitted liars."

-A conversation overheard of Arik'thain discussing his magic-
"You ask me why I believe the magic of conjuration to be the best. Simply put, it is. I have mastered the deeper aspects of my specialization, and can perform the task of any other school. Ask me to divine an answer and I can conjure a celestial, demon, or other outsider to speak the knowledge I seek. Ask me to use magics of protection and I can conjure hardy modron soldiers to protect those in need, or simply move myself or an ally to a place of safety. Ask me to invoke great powers on my foe and I will rip holes into other planes, creating ruptures of acid, cold, or primal fires to wash over my enemies. Ask me to Deceive and I will summon crafty fiends from the plane of Dis. Ask me to enrapture and I will summon Erinyes, Succubus, or Celestials of unfathomable beauty. Ask me to alter the area around me and I will use my power of creation to forge whatever it is I need. Ask me to kill, maim, or spread pestilence, and I will conjure a host of unspeakable horrors to inflict these demands. Conjuration is versatile and powerful. It requires patience, time and a masters will to utilize the school proficiently. I am patient, I will make what time I need, and I have a masters will."

-A bar patron speaking to Arik'thain-
"No, I do not find that one attractive. My tastes you ask? I prefer soft skin and raven hair, though I do not actively seek such relations. When I take a wife, she will be small, beautiful, clean, and quiet. She may not be to my tastes, but she must have the traits I just mentioned. For her own safety you see."



-I'll have more little posts like this as time goes on. Gotta write!-

No comments: