Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Status Report

(gaming related post)

"..And so, we have returned the remaining mantles to the head clergy and returend the stolen goods to the Red Vines warehouses as was my intention. There were no casualties to be reported." Indeera spoke in cold, hard tones as she always did, and her mentor regarded her with a scowl. "No casualties you say, what about the half dozen enforcers, what about Hezghel." Indeera eyed her mentor and quirked a coy smile. "Again my lord. No casualties. Those who fail in there endeavors are doomed. As a man who believed in trickery and deciet to show his faith, he did his tasks poorly. Fayn has no need for such weakness."  Her mentor eyed the girl. She was dangerous, very dangerous. Her insight into fayns ways were unbelievable, and to top that off she struck out on her own to aquire the Crimson Mantle. Many priests believed she would be a rising star, and some had already set resources aside to back up her ascent. Her mentor stroked his thin black beard and spoke again. "What of your crew. Do you plan on adding them to your personal attendants?" Indeera nodded. "Yes. I do."  She paused, then continued. "The enforcer Karivas performed his tasks with great skill. Also, his aquisition of That mantle will be of great use to me. I doubt he'll mind following my lead from time to time." Her mentor interjected politely. "Ah, but what of the witch. She is the talk of the temples, many would like to aquire her for personal.." Indeera cut him off. "Kaliora is her name. Not Witch. She will be under my care. She will speak for me and through me. It was I who saw her potential, not the weak willed pretenders running these halls." her words were cold, filled with hatred. Her mentor began sweating, and brushed his brow gently before continuing. "Ah, not meaning to offend child. Of course no one will object to you aquiring her as your own servant." Indeera stopped in the dark halls and eyed her mentor. "Servant is a poor choice of words. She is already servant to something else." Her mentor smiled. "Yes. So I have heard. Well my child, we've walked these halls long enough. More and I shall become lost. Ill take my leave."  The older man turned away from her and began to leave her presence. The last thing he heard was the heavy release of a chain, and the sound of the air being parted with great force. He hit the floor with a heavy, wet thud.  Indeera smiled coldly. "Of course the enforcers also found tell of your dealings with Hezghel." She removed the small parcel containing the writ condemning him for treason and threw it on his corpse. "Now, all is settled." She turned, her appointed task done, and made her way back down the dark halls of the inner temples. Her thoughts moved to her companions. 'Unity is needed to achieve greatness, perhaps I should set an example for my new companions as well. Those two did bicker, that may become problematic. Best to set it right now.' Her thoughts shifted yet again. She would need to find more work for them. Her skills and faith had much more testing before she was ready for her own great design.

No comments: