Friday, January 18, 2013

There is more than one way...


Ella woke up with a lazy yawn and carefully got up. There was no light in the room, as Indeera liked the room to be as pitch when she slept. Ella peered over at her lover, her movements light and quiet. Indeera's breathing was regular, her chest moving in a slow, heavy rhythm. Ella placed a kiss softly on her lovers forehead, detecting the scent of blood as she always did when she was in close proximity to Indeera. Quietly she hopped off the bed and moved over towards there chest of drawers, the darkness never impeded her, and she always moved without making much noise. Carefully she gathered the things she thought she would need. Regardless of her precaution she heard a voice from atop the bed, the cold, to the point voice of her lover. "Where are you going." Ella smiled in the darkness and began putting on the clothes she had selected, then starting putting on her jewelry, she answered a few moments later. "Im going to do that thing thats going to get me killed." There was silence in the room, and then she heard Indeera's voice again. "You're still mad about my decision." It was hard to tell if the comment was a statement or a question, but Ella returned an answer regardless. "Indeera, oh blood crazed love of my life, i am simply stating the facts of this horrible situation. Kaliora isnt the same person she was, and she's going to kill me for this." There was no response from indeera for a few moments. "Perhaps, but those resources will be important. Its an unfortunate risk, for you still have an incredible part to play in all of this, but it is a calculated risk. Kaliora is a representation of fayn now, she's become far more important, but her skill set has changed drastically, therefore I need you to do this. Its that simple." Ella sighed heavily and touched a sphere in the corner of the room which began to glow softly. "Kerrivas can get resources, I dont know why I have to stick my neck out like this, I have a lovely neck, Im fond of my behind too, even when it has a tail its still pretty shapely." There was some movement from the bed, then silence. Indeera spoke a moment later. "Kerrivas is busy dealing with his mission from fayn, I cannot take him from that task, and we will need resources, both mundane and magical to attain what we want, should the first part of our game have a winning outcome." Ella listened and nodded, already knowing what her lover was going to say. "Right, everyone has some holy mission except me. I'm stuck doing all the dirty work, all the things that could get a nice pretty girl like me killed. The fact that they dont even like me makes doing all this even more disturbing. Really, the whole things disturbing. But the most disturbing thing, is the part about me pissing off the monster we're keeping in the basement." Indeera set up slowly as ella talked, stretching her arms out before reaching for a small chalice near the bed. "I've seen your reward ella, it is the one that i had initially intended for Kaliora. It is something beyond measure, something far more than what you could expect. Believe me, your reward, as great as it is now, will be far more vast than you could ever imagine." Ella's eyes sparkled at the mention of her reward and she smiled, then sighed happily. "I know I know.. I just love hearing you tell me about it, though I wish you would tell me for sure what im going to be getting, I mean, assuming I live through all of these fun times." Indeera set the chalice of blood down after taking a few drinks and got out of bed slowly. She looked over at her lover and moved near her, getting some garments for the day.  "I wont betray you Ella, you are my chosen, and I am bound by that decision. Even though you may not have been my first choice, you have proven to be far more talented than I could ever have hoped. We will see this through together, and if Kaliora does kill you, I shall see that you are brought back to me. You must see what I see my dear ella, what is in store for us is simply beyond description, so I dare not try." Ella looked at her lover as she spoke, then smiled and nodded. "Fine Fine Fine, I get it. I go be a good girl and I get a treat. Dont worry, the plans already in motion, and things are moving along fine. I just like being difficult I suppose." Ella looked at the mirror and slowly shifted her form to something more suitable. She spoke to Indeera again, her new voice a slightly different tone and dialect. "Alright, Im off, I doubt ill be back for a few days, but Ill be sure to bring good news." Indeera looked at ella as her lover spoke, then nodded. "Bring glory to us Ella. This isnt a choice. Its a command." Ella nodded and moved towards the door, opening it and looking back. She smiled pleasantly to Indeera. "I know, I know. Failure isnt an option, not that most people would choose failure if it were an option. Worry not oh dashing leader, Im too perfect to make a mistake. You have bigger things on your agenda, so its you who should be careful. Id lose all these lovely presents, clothes and this amazing house if anything happened to you." She quirked a smile as Indeera adressed her coldly. "Go." Ella laughed and dashed out the door, shutting it behind her. She stood in front of the two statues of fayn in the next room and prayed solemnly for a moment. She finished her prayers and looked back to her lovers room, her gaze steady and even, a sparkle in her otherwise midnight eyes. With a small flourish she turned and moved out of the temple room, and towards her days goal. 

No comments: