Monday, October 13, 2008

New Ideas

Well, according to my DM's post, it seems that he has an idea of what he wants.. and Warlord is one of them!! =) I love warlord, so seeing that, i'll post a couple of Warlord ideas. Feel free to comment on this post, or my previous ones about my ideas. Thanks!

Ok, so one idea i have is for an Eladrin Tactical (Int based) Warlord. My idea for this one is a hands on type of character. Utilizing the sword, i was going to say this was a military prodigy among his peers. Bright in the ways of warfare, he was also trained in the ancient tradition of Eladrin Magic. After his military training and mystical training was complete, he was to be sent out into the world to ascertain where his unique skills would be most helpful. His elders foretold that the world was in need of leaders and men of action. Now searching for a worthy cause, or even for something worth fighting for, my character will move where needed, taking what work he can find, until at last he learns what his destiny has in store for him.
A seeker type of character, out to make a destiny for himself, or just find what fate had in store for him. My idea is to use his high int. and mesh wizard with him to allow him to serve as a front line leader, and partial controller for the troupe.

Allright, a human warlord is next. This character i can see as more of a hands on type of character. I was thinking of the charisma based route. Raised in a military tradition, my character would have been probably the most outspoken and strongest among his peers. A natural leader, he quickly became dissilusioned when he saw what cowardice men of the new world held in there hearts. Not content to stand buy as the world tried to step backwards in the face of new oppurtunities, my character quickly removed himself from a static military, and made it his point to seek any means possible to assert himself in the new and bustling civilizations cropping up along the main continent.
I see him being a very strong person, not just in the physical sense either. He'd probably have a nice lust for combat, and want to constantly aid the locals around where he went adventuring. He wouldnt do this out of kindness necessarily, but to progress the civilization of the new continent, and build a new era of bravery and heroes.

I thought about a Tiefling too, a nice dark character. What i was thinking of with him was a Tiefling shunned by those around him as is common for his stock. Instead of retreating into the criminal world, this one immersed himself in the military world. I could see him not advancing quickly, and not being well liked, but having a silent skill in tactics. After realizing nothing would come of his military life, he left, and decided to seek out adventure for easy coin, and the chance to find a place for himself.
This one would be fun to play because he would always be underestimated. I see using intellect as his primary method of leading, a silent tactician who really comes alive when in combat, or when forced to think under serious stress.


ok, thats just a few small thoughts. let me know what you think

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'm liking the tifeling concept the best although all three sound solid phil. I'd like to try and roll up characters on wendesday

Pondrepof said...

Sorry I can't make it for Wednesday's character roll up.. can we do it on a different day?

Pondrepof said...

I like the first idea the best myself.

Unknown said...

well, try and make it up by friday

Unknown said...

My only issue with the Eladrin concept is that I don't have a strong established military on my main continent. It goes against the frontier feel of 4e, IMO. Too be honest, that part of Aravain never sat completely right with me