Monday, December 21, 2009

Kills for Thunder

(Well, I'm gonna do the Ahroun idea. Thanks to Jason and Matt for just reminding me to play what i want to play. Thats my strongest idea, and I think it would go really well with matt and jasons character types and tribes.)

Obviously the character isnt done. But i'm fleshing out a few things in my head. The name i'm going with is Kills for Thunder. This is a respective name, honoring the fact that he reveres grandfather thunder, and dedicates his kills to the shadowlords totem.

I wont go over too much background yet, wanting to sit down with the gm and go over what his ideas are, what kind of chronicle, etc.

Almost definitely i'm going to keep his skills and attributes simple and specialized, similar to what i did with crawford. Being lupus I see him as definitely having well defined specialties, while having a great many weak spots. But thats what the rest of the pack is for! I'll lean towards martial skills obviously, but also instinctual skills that a wolf would have. My brawl, primal urge, and athletics will probably be my biggest talents. I might drop a point or two in alertness and dodge, though i want to emphasize my character tends to deal with problems as they happen, and isnt much for anticipating or avoiding the conflict. My skills will probably be go mostly into survival. I might throw some points towards stealth, though i dont see him being naturally stealthy, I do see a wolf using it at least a bit in his every day routine. I also might take a point of melee, to show that the lords are preparing to teach him how to use a klaive in battle. My knowledges are going to be spread out a little i think. I might take some linguistics to show the shadow lords inluence over his training, as well as a dot or two spread out among enigmas, occult, and maybe investigation. I'll leave the rest of the knowledges alone, they dont make much sense to a starting lupus. Depending on how are sit down session goes, i may change a little, or alot of my above ideas, again, this is just a brainstorming post.

Backgrounds. Actually, for me, this is a first. Not really too much for me to really want here. Cant purchase contacts and allies for being a shadow lord, so thats out of the way. Dont really need to start with a relic, and I dont want to do pure breed. We have a fang, and my idea really isnt about a pure blooded champ, or one that hailed form someone noteable. More than likely i'll sit on mentor, and say that the shadowlords of the camp have been gearing him up for something, and giving him training for something. What the something is, even my character wont know. Also, if i dont want to do that, i can just put my points into totem. My guy reveres grandfather thunder, but not only that, being a lupus, he'll revere alot of the spirits, even those he might not normally understand. So it could be justifiable that i just throw it all into totem, and that his reverance for his own tribal totem, kind of carries over when we attract a pack totem.

Freebies. I'm not going to overcomplicate things here. I'm probably going to spend a good portion hoisting my physical attributes. I'll probably spend a little to boost his willpower, and maybe a point extra of rage. I'm not going to bother with gnosis, being lupus i get a nice bonus there, and thats a very good level for an ahroun.

Merits and Flaws - I dont really see myself pining for any extra points, so i might not do anything with them, even if they are allowed. All i could see was maybe taking a flaw that gives him the loss of one of his eyes. I was going to work into his rite of passage how he was shot in the face, or bit something that exploded, which caused the loss of his eye. However, he succeeded in the end, and thus was given added glory for it. But in all honesty, its not a necessary thing. Dont really need the points, but thats one thing i could see adding to his background, if they are allowed.

Thats all i can think of for now. post away on any thoughts you guys have. I never mind mixing my concepts in with other people, to make them work better. I'll have more later i'm sure!

No comments: