Thursday, December 31, 2009

Talking to Shadows

(Character related post. This is in regards to wed. game and is from the perspective of Kills for Thunder.)

My ancestor spirit was close as I waited by the campfire. It would growl at me when i would lower my shoulders or my back would not be straight. "Composure shows confidence" is what it would say. The Children of Gaia celebration was a good time for me to test my most powerful gift. My ancestor would tell me to look at the others around the fire and see into there spirit. I would always find weakness, even in the Red Talons, who were only simple wolves. My ancestor would tell me that i was not seeing weakness, but what could be weakness. The Red Talons would be weak in the city. Also, many were stupid. There were others at the campfire as well. The master of the challenge was there, but even on the night of the full moon, rage was subdued by the spirits coming from the celebration. There would be no challenges tonight. A glass walker was there. She was an Adren, and she would walk around with her city fetish pointed up at the moon. She was weak out here. "The spirits mock her" is what my ancestor would say. She was of better station than me, she had passed her challenges, and she was worthy of respect. At least until she showed otherwise. A young black jackal was also near the campfire. He would not sit still, and he was nervous. My ancestor said it was a Silent Strider. "Dark spirits seek him out". Maybe that was why they ran all the time. There was a red haired lady sitting by a blonde haired man. "The bitch is a Fianna. She can be controlled by her temper." The ancestor was good at explaining weakness. "The other is a Silver Fang. He is Mad. He will try to controll everything. Even that which is beyond him." It was then that the Adren spoke to us all. She gathered us.

She told us we would be in a pack. This is a good thing. I can get my renown in a pack. I can prove that i am worthy of my ancestor. I can prove that i am worthy of grandfather thunders attention. The silver fang called himself Samuel Cold-Claws. The woman said she was Morgan, and that she would be replacing a Get of Fenris. She said she would make sure all our stories were told true, and that the Get would tell the stories only of himself. We do not need him in the pack. If he comes I will drive him off with claws and teeth. The Jackal called himself Wepowhet. He is wolfborn too, though he has not had the great training of man that the shadow lords have given me. The tribes are getting too weak to take care of there young. My ancestor said that.

Our pack will go to a dish. There are more glass walkers at the dish. We will go to the dish and make sure that the glass walkers are still there. Our totem will choose us too. My ancestor says that my quests will never be so easy. I remember my rite of passage. Maybe grandfather thunder will give me another great test of my strength and wits. I am ready. We go in the morning. I hunt for now, get full, and get ready. My pack will need my strength. They do not have my warnings, they do not know the ways of Grandfather Thunder.

(Cool boogie. Thats it for now. I'll have more next wed.)

1 comment:

Dalanor DeMyse said...

Very nice sir......I can't wait for wednesday.....I'm gonna freaking love it....